Tuesday, January 31, 2012

14 Love Letter Prompts





I've decided to do my own version of the 14 Days of Valentine's Day.  I have an amazing husband, one whom I don't tell nearly enough how great he is.  I'm all for striving to show him how much I love him throughout the year but I think its great that I get to do something extra special in February.  My husband loved his anniversary gift and I'm discovery how much he needs that validation on a regular basis, just like me and the best way to do this is through word.

I've decided that for my 14 Days of Valentine's Day I will write my husband some sort of love letter.  It's inexpensive and something he will hopefully cherish for years to come.  The supplies and prep were fairly minimal.

Supplies:
Envelopes (Hobby Lobby)
Cream Paper
Black Vinyl
Ink & Stamps
Paper Punches

I used vinyl for my envelopes for the day numbers.  I used stamps for the brackets on the envelope and the "love" at the bottom of each piece of paper for my signature.  I used a lip punch for the bottom right corner sort of as a "sealed with a kiss."

Then I came up with some prompts for each letter to help add some diversity.

Day 1:       Dreams
Day 2:       Favorite Memory
Day 3:       Write a Poem
Day 4:       Physical Traits
Day 5:       Personality Traits
Day 6:       Things That Make Me Happy
Day 7:       Funny Memory
Day 8:       Crossword
Day 9:       Favorite Hobbies/Dates
 Day 10:    Things I‘ve Learned
Day 11:     Acrostic Poem “VALENTINE”
Day 12:     Fond Memory from the Past Year
Day 13:     Something You Might Not Know About Me
Day 14:     All About Love

I'm pretty darn excited, now I just need to get busy writing my first letter.  Happy 14 Days of Valentine's!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sarah, beautiful! What a wonderful gift to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Your husband is lucky to have such a thoughtful and creative wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's romantic he's a lucky guy. Looking forward to following the 14 days creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Saw this at Live Laugh Linky and thought it was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and thoughtful idea.

    Found you via the Bloom link party.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Idea! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete