Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waving U.S. Flag - (A Scavenger Hunt Find)


I know, its only a few short days until the rest of the photos from this hunt will be shared but I just couldn't wait. Part of the Gratitude Photo Scavenger Hunt is to find a photo that represents your country and I decided that I wanted to get one of the American flag.

I was thrilled to get this shot of a waving U.S. flag and state flag. Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day with the wind at just the right speed. I snapped a few shots of the waving U.S. flag on my way home from town and loaded everything on to my computer.

First if you have tried to take a photo of a waving U.S. flag or any flag for that matter you know that it make take several tries to get a decent looking photo. As I went through my photos on my computer I came across this little beauty, completely in focus with great proportions and placement.

I don't feel like I'm a very good photographer. I know when a photo looks good and when things are out of place but something happens between the knowledge in my brain and my squinting eye as I look through the lens. After yesterday I feel like there may be hope for me yet.

Maybe that hope will someday get me away from the manual settings on my camera.

Every time I look at this photo it puts a smile on my face. I'm so grateful for the country I live in, for those who laid its foundations, for the traditions we carry on, and all those who protect our freedoms.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you've captured the waving flags perfectly, perfect shot. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris. You are a good photographer and you told the story of taking the photo beautifully as well.

    ReplyDelete