Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday's Moment (Sept. 26th 2011)

One of the reasons I decided to start creating semi-custom cards and announcements was to help others capture and preserve some of their special moments in a unique way. Thus I've decided to start posting every Monday some of my favorite moments or special things that are on my mind whether they happened yesterday or years ago.

Today's Monday's Moment is all about mi familia. I grew up the oldest as seven kids and wouldn't trade any of them for all the money in the world. I loved growing up in such a large family. This photo was taken right before I left for college. As you can see some of them were pretty young at this point. It's been hard for me to be away so much while they grow up. My youngest sister was only a year and a half and doesn't have any real memories of me living at home.

One of the questions I often get is, "Is it hard to have a relationship with your younger siblings?"
The answer is no. While I definitely have a different type of relationship with those siblings who are closer in age I still feel like I'm pretty darn close to the younger ones. My youngest sister and I have a pretty tight bond for being 17 years apart. I don't get to see any of my siblings very often, especially since we live at least 15 hours away but when we are together I feel like we pick up right where we left off. We laugh, play games, and always take a stroll down memory lane. When I get to see my youngest sister she often stays in close proximity with me, after all we do have a lot in common.

Of course technology helps with this as all of them are only a phone call away. My mom keeps me updated and will send photos to help me feel like I'm there. It's been almost a year since I've seen any of my family and I'm anxious for our upcoming trip to reconcile this.

I love this photo because it captures our personalities in so many ways. If you can't tell I was the diva of the family but my siblings took me just as I was and we had a grand ole time growing up.

Do you have a Monday's Moment you would like to share? Maybe it's a previous post you've already written? I would love to see what some of your favorite memories are.

2 comments:

  1. hello Sara Dawn- I'm Kelli Dawn! We're in the same tribe & I just wanted to say hello and check out your cute blog! love it- look forward to tweeting and getting to know you. Following on twitter and gfc- :)

    ReplyDelete