Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday's Moment (October 17th, 2011)

I have two sisters and as you can tell there is quite a bit of age difference. Don't get me wrong I love all four of my brothers but I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited when my first sister came along. Up until that point I had three terrific brothers but it just wasn't the same. I remember very clearly the day my mom went up to the hospital, way past her due date. My parents had opted to not find the gender out for this pregnancy and all fingers were crossed it was a girl.

While at school I kept calling my mom's friend to see if there was any news. I was in luck, my first beautiful sister made her debut and there was an instant sisterly bond formed.

Fast forward a few years for this Monday's Moment. My sister and I did everything we could together regardless of our difference in age. There was a point were I was home schooled for half a year to help my mom out after the next child came along. This meant lots of sisterly bonding time as she was still a toddler.

One particular day we were thumbing through an Oriental Trading magazine together. As we would look at each photo I would point to something and say, "That's my bracelet," followed by my sister pointing at something in the same photo announcing, "Well, that's my bracelet." It became a game as we each claimed items in various photos. We came across a photo that had four Halloween character cups. I quickly called my cup, "That's my mummy." My sister eager to stake hers loudly exclaimed, "That's my daddy," all the while pointing at a Frankenstein cup.
My dad was all sorts of excited to know his daughter saw a resemblance between him and the great holiday figure.

There are some days I wish I could step back in time and just bask in my childhood memories where everything seemed to come so much easier.

Do you have a funny Halloween moment you would like to share, I'm always up for a good story.

2 comments:

  1. Cool story. It's funny to reminisce every now and then! :-)

    Btw: Can I borrow one of your sisters? My mom only had me and my brother and I always wanted a sister LOL

    ~Kesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, you're more than welcome to borrow a sister or two when you feel the need:)

    ReplyDelete