Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday's Moment (October 31st, 2011)

Today's Monday's Moment is of course in honor of the holiday even if it isn't my favorite. Regardless we've had quite the weekend full of friends, activities and lots of amazing food!

First off if you have a husband like mine, convincing him to dress up is quite the chore, especially when they don't want to help come up with ideas. Since moving to this house we have made friends who like to throw together elaborate get-togethers throughout the year and for Halloween it's become tradition to have a couples only, costume required dinner party. I don't mind dressing up but I'd be ok not dressing up. I don't however like forking over $40 for a costume I will wear for a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop and I love clothes but some cheap imitation is not my forte.

Thus this year we decided on "Where's Waldo and Wanda." I know, it looks homemade but I wasn't too picky. We already had the white shirts. All we bought was red duct tape and I bought my red hat (which I will wear often). We had to put the duct tape on after we put the shirts on which limited our mobility just a little and was slightly frustrating. However, they were easy costumes and everyone loved them. When all was said and done we took the duct tape off, which didn't leave any marks on our shirt, and threw it away.

I love getting together with friends whether in person or with all my online friends. I love how holidays (even the ones I don't like) give me the opportunity to get to know others just a little bit better, to remember to laugh, and enjoy each period in my life.

What did you do this year for Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. Twin Costumes are fun! My Daughter and I went as matching fairies this year...Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Where's Waldo idea! and I agree, spending a lot of costumes is a little silly!

    ReplyDelete