Friday, October 7, 2011

Pinterest Recipes (Stuffed Bell Peppers)


My name is Sarah and I have a Pinterest addiction... and I'm totally ok with it! My goal is to be constantly working on having a healthier family. Too bad I don't love to cook. I know that healthier meals don't come out of a box so I am always on the lookout for easy, quick, fresh recipes to try.

One night as I perused the Pinterest boards I found this recipe for stuffed green peppers by Kalyn's Kitchen. I immediately pinned it and was excited to go grocery shopping. I too found green bell peppers were on sale that week for .50. It was a no brainer meal.

Another bonus was that I had a lot of fresh produce ready for picking from my container garden. The rice mixture contained the following:

From Garden
Fresh Basil
Green Onion
Green Beans
Zuchinni

Other Ingredients
Sweet Onion
Tomato
Turkey Sausage Link (which I already had)
Brown Rice
Green Peppers
Olive Oil (just a little bit)
Cheese

 *I've made this recipe a few more times and one ingredient I have added and is to die for is Crasins.  They add just enough sweetness to the party for your mouth."

I think the only thing I would change next time is to not put the extra green peppers (from cutting off the tops and bottom) into the actual mixture, it was just a little too much. I'd also like to try this recipe with yellow and orange bell peppers as I prefer them to green peppers. Too bad they are rarely on sale.

Overall this recipe was a great success, tasted so good, and was filled with all sorts of nutrients.

Do you have an easy healthy recipe you'd like to share? I'd love to add to my Pinterest collection.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! And I agree, wish the red peppers would go on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Kalyn! I have a hard time paying $3.99 for a red pepper, but I love them!

    Those peppers look yummy, Sarah. Unfortunately, I'll have to eat them all if I make them. LOL

    ReplyDelete