Tuesday, January 31, 2012

14 Love Letter Prompts

I've decided to do my own version of the 14 Days of Valentine's Day.  I have an amazing husband, one whom I don't tell nearly enough how great he is.  I'm all for striving to show him how much I love him throughout the year but I think its great that I get to do something extra special in February.  My husband loved his anniversary gift and I'm discovery how much he needs that validation on a regular basis, just like me and the best way to do this is through word.

I've decided that for my 14 Days of Valentine's Day I will write my husband some sort of love letter.  It's inexpensive and something he will hopefully cherish for years to come.  The supplies and prep were fairly minimal.

Envelopes (Hobby Lobby)
Cream Paper
Black Vinyl
Ink & Stamps
Paper Punches

I used vinyl for my envelopes for the day numbers.  I used stamps for the brackets on the envelope and the "love" at the bottom of each piece of paper for my signature.  I used a lip punch for the bottom right corner sort of as a "sealed with a kiss."

Then I came up with some prompts for each letter to help add some diversity.

Day 1:       Dreams
Day 2:       Favorite Memory
Day 3:       Write a Poem
Day 4:       Physical Traits
Day 5:       Personality Traits
Day 6:       Things That Make Me Happy
Day 7:       Funny Memory
Day 8:       Crossword
Day 9:       Favorite Hobbies/Dates
 Day 10:    Things I‘ve Learned
Day 11:     Acrostic Poem “VALENTINE”
Day 12:     Fond Memory from the Past Year
Day 13:     Something You Might Not Know About Me
Day 14:     All About Love

I'm pretty darn excited, now I just need to get busy writing my first letter.  Happy 14 Days of Valentine's!


  1. Beautiful Sarah, beautiful! What a wonderful gift to your husband!

  2. Very sweet. Your husband is lucky to have such a thoughtful and creative wife!

  3. Now that's romantic he's a lucky guy. Looking forward to following the 14 days creativity.

  4. How wonderful! Saw this at Live Laugh Linky and thought it was a great idea!

  5. What a beautiful and thoughtful idea.

    Found you via the Bloom link party.

    Kate x

  6. Fantastic Idea! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!