Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Easy Handmade Gift Ideas


If you are like me you are always on the lookout for easy handmade gift ideas especially around the holidays.  It's always fun to receive gifts that are personal or have meaning.  In my family we rotate names between us siblings so that Christmas doesn't break the bank.  Last year my sister had me and I was beyond thrilled when I opened up these cute Christmas ornaments she hand painted.

Now when I look at these ornaments I don't necessarily think "easy handmade gift" but I also do not possess the talent of drawing or painting by hand (hence the reason I'm into graphics I can create on the computer).  For my sister though that's a whole other story.  She's really artistic. 


I think easy handmade gifts are those that utilize what talents we do posses.  For example, I'm pretty darn good with computers, Photoshop, and simple crafts.  Some gifts I like to give are photo books, a photo canvas with a photo my husband or I took and edited, giant photo numbers, jewelry, sugar scrubs etc.

My mom is really good at crocheting and knitting.  Her handmade gifts include scarves, hats, little stocking ornaments, and crocheted name signs that are framed.


Since I received these handmade ornaments as a gift last year they were placed in storage almost immediately.  When I opened up my box of Christmas decor I was pleasantly surprised as I had forgotten all about these little gems and had to show them off to you.  I think this is a really clever idea, one I would not have thought of.  Did I mention she's still in high school?

What kind of easy handmade gift ideas do you have?

3 comments:

  1. I make ornaments using Popsicle sticks and glitter with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so talented! What a beautiful gift. That puppy is so sweet...the personality comes through ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up,
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful post on Simple & Sweet Fridays! Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete